Tyler * Carly * Makena * Jade

Monday, October 13, 2008

YES on PROP 8!!

So I wanted to post a little on something that has been weighing on my mind a lot. I am no sure I can adequately put my thoughts into words, but I need to say something. I want to start by saying that I am not anti-gay. They have their rights to live the way that they want. What I am saying and what Prop 8 does is protects our children. I think now that I am a mother this worries me the most. If prop 8 does not pass the divine institution of marriage between a man and woman will be disintegrated. Children will be taught at school things that will be contradictory to what is taught in their own homes and children will be born without the privilege of having a mother and father. I worry that if this passes our already failing society will just get worse. I have posted a link on the right side of my page to preservingmarriage.com. It has lots of information on it that can help you to understand what it's all about. I urge you Californians to vote. To help protect our children from what will ultimately happen if this doesn't pass!

1 comment:

Double Blink said...

thanks for this post.

Defining marriage as between one man and one woman is not taking away anyone's rights. The definition simply distinguishes a union that is biologically capable of producing its own children. Whether a married couple has children or not, I feel like this deserves a separate name--even the potential is kind of a miracle.

Actually this definition can be seen as the ultimate expression of equality our society has to offer: it takes one man and one woman. One could see a lesbian union as a marginalization of men, or a homosexual union as a marginalization of women.

Equality is especially important when it comes to raising children. Children deserve/need a father and a mother. Neither parent should be marginalized.

Yes, many children are already growing up in single-parent homes. Prop 8 should be a reminder to everyone that as a society we need to assist and strengthen families as much as possible. Really, as a society we should be most concerned with the success and health of our families.

http://emiliadelmar.blogspot.com/2008/10/legislation-and-social-issues.html

peace out