Tyler * Carly * Makena * Jade

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm It!

So Millie tagged me. This one is a little bit harder. It made me think and we'll see what I can really come up with.

20 years ago...

I was 6. I lived in Fontana next to my grandparents. I don't remember much about that time of my life, but I know in just a few months from now my little sister will turn 20 so I must have been anxiously waiting to have a little sister. Not to be outnumbered by the boys. I loved playing outside with my dog Pepper and am pretty sure my bedding was Rainbow Brite. Oh Yeah!!

10 years ago...

I was 16. Fresh to the dating scene :) Whatever. I was in Vocal Point at Serrano and I loved it. Singing was my life. I lived in Phelan, CA. Woot, woot. I went every morning to early morning seminary and was just about to get my braces off. Man what a set of beautiful straight teeth will do for self esteem. Thanks to my parents for that great investment!! I had a great group of friends that I still try to stay in contact with, but life goes on, so I don't hear from as many of them as I'd like.

5 years ago...

Oh man! 5 years ago. I was back home after living in Utah for almost 2 years. I was hanging out with Tyler-he's going to love this-but I wanted more out of the relationship than he did...why ruin a beautiful friendship :) So I was a confused little girl and some different things happened in my life that I learned a lot from and I found myself. And then Tyler started to come around! I worked at Hogi Yogi-oh yeah-and went to VVC.

3 years ago...

I was coming up on my one year anniversary. In major love!!! Living in San Diego, working full time at Target (thanks for the benefits Target), and trying to spend as much time with my husband as possible. Those days all seemed about the same, and somedays I just wanted a change. We got that a few years later :)

1 year ago...

Me and Makena (our almost 8 month old) were actually up at my parents trying to escape the fire bound San Diego. We stayed about a week there. I was loving being a mom and amazed by how much love you can have for your child and how stinking cute she was. I don't want to sound prideful, but me and my husband did mix well with that one! No more Target (HOORAY!!) , but a lot less money (BOO!). Great times!

This year...

Well, Makena turned 1. Tyler graduated from college with a bachelor's in economics. His boss gave him a raise. We left our home in San Diego and moved to Orange County. We have spent lots more time together. I went back to school. And we're SO excited to spend these holidays- that are coming so quickly- together with our families.

Yesterday...

I made breakfast, me and Makena went to Target and Kohl's. I mailed a Halloween card to my mom without a stamp ( I know I am a smart one). Tied a blanket and watched a movie while Makena was asleep-so nice. I waited for Tyler to get off work and then he called and asked where the closest urgent care was because he cut his thumb pretty bad. He got 3 stitches came home and we went to El Pollo Loco for dinner. Then to the grocery store to get milk, but they were out of the kind I like-BOO! Then home to hang out give Makena a bath-her dad's job that I get to do for the next 2 weeks and then took a shower and went to bed. Exciting, I know!

Today...even more exciting...

I got up, cleaned the house. My visiting teachers came, and then I started laundry. Makena took like a 30 minute nap...stupid...and I tried to watch another movie, but that didn't happen. Nwo I get to make dinner and carve a pumpkin alone I guess. The huband can't do it with his jacked up hand...boo!

Tomorrow...

No real plans. Probably hang out with Makena. Change diapers. Make breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Maybe go to achievement days ( I just got called so I don't know when it is yet). Try to get out of the house. Blah, blah, blah.

Next year...

Well, if I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow how am I supposed to know about next year. Finish my associate's. Hopefully not move unless some miracle happens and we buy something. Which I doubt. Who knows. Maybe I'll get pregnant. We'll see about that! Take a couple vacations with my little family and just enjoy our time together. Phew!

I tag anyone who has this much time on their hands. It's fun, but really. i won't force it on any of you :)

3 comments:

Gary & Julie said...

Don't be rude, leaving me comments like that...Just joking! I have high hopes to blog in the next couple days (by the way, I strictly came to your blog to leave this comment for you...)

Gary & Julie said...

by the way, i got to scrapbook last night for the first time in like 5 months or longer :)

Brian and Amelia said...

Thanks for doing the tag! It was a long one to do, but it was so fun reading more about you!