Tyler * Carly * Makena * Jade

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Girl and Her Dolls


So the other day I came out to the living room to see Makena doing this. She had all her soft dolls and babies lined up and the couch. It was so cute to watch her sit them up, move them around, talk to them, and hug them. As I watched her I thought about what having a daughter means. I love dressing her up, dresses, bows, painted toe nails. She loves to sing and dance and give hugs and kisses. I thought about at that moment what it will be like to talk to her about boys and dates and helping her get ready at her wedding-after we paid for it :) I thought about being there when she has babies of her own and what that will be like. I'm nervous for all the drama that will come along with this girl-I can already tell we have our hands full with that! But, how lucky I am to be a mother to a beautiful daughter. I don't have any sons--yet--but from talking to lots of people girls are just different and I'm excited for all that that entails! So play on Makena! Dolls, brooms, babies, dresses,nail polish and anything else your little heart desires because you are the best girl I know!

1 comment:

Fealyclan said...

Hey, Carly
You may not remember me...Misty Fealy (Crandall). We have moved out of the Phelan/Baldy Mesa area but I just recently found Nauni via the Failings, via the Whitings... :o] & now you. I just wanted to say, what a sweet blog! Girls are precious, mine just turned 17, & yes there is drama but the friendship that develops as your little girl matures is really awesome. I have boys too & they are also a blessing but girls are a just a little different. Obviously you treasure her girl moments & what cool memories you'll have. Sorry...hope you don't mind that I got nosey, but this blog was touching. :o] Tell your parents we say, Hi!