Tyler * Carly * Makena * Jade

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Nie Nie

So it recently has come to my blogging attention that I must be out of the loop. There is this AMAZING woman Stephanie who lives in Arizona. I found her blog through some friends and needless to say I am addicted. She is a stranger to me, but the most inspiring person. I want to be like her. In the last few days while reading her blog I have learned a few things about myself. I need to be more patient with my daughter. I certainly love her, but sometimes she just gets on my last nerve and I really do need to work on that. I need to love my husband more. I get so caught up in life that I forget that he is SO important to me. I need to pay more attention to the little things he does for me! I need to be more fun and creative. I know I have it in me- I just become complacent and that will not do. I see myself as this fun-loving mom who has tons of ideas and things to do with my kids, but if I keep waiting around for Makena to figure out why it's so fun, it'll never happen. I need to have more faith. It's okay to say a bad word every once in a while... they are in my head WAY more than they get out. Life is about being together and living life, not waiting for life to finally happen. It never will. Stephanie and her husband were in a private plane crash a few weeks ago. The flight instructor was killed, and she and her husband are severely burned-her more than him. They have 4 beautiful children ages 6,5,3 and 1. I have read almost her whole blog. And you think I am an avid blogger you are wrong. She blogged about everything from the neighbors fake goose to her favorite bowls. She lives life to the fullest. I just thought I should share these things with the hope that you will keep me on track. I NEED to be better. For my daughter, my husband, and for myself. And I started today. If you want to read more about Nie Nie (as she's called) check this out at http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com I promise it will change the way you see things. If she can do it I can. I pray for her and her husband. They have a long road ahead, but she is truly amazing. Now I'm off to clean house before the hubby gets back from his fishing trip. Man I missed that man! He makes me complete! See ya!

No comments: