Tyler * Carly * Makena * Jade

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Recovery!

Well, we are back from spending almost a week at the parents. We had a great time full of food, fun, family, cold weather...did I mention food. Yeah, there was lots of that :) Santa was good to us this year. Makena got WAY too many toys for the space that we live in, but hey that's the fun of it all. She was so excited to just open presents. She'd open her own then run to someone else who was opening one and "help" them it was so cute. The couple days after Christmas she kept putting her hand to her ear like a phone and saying " Santa...ho ho ho...presents". It was hilarious.
I must have been a very good girl this year because Santa brought me a new camera. The one I've been dreaming of for so long. The expensive kind that Santa may have gotten into trouble for actually getting, but who am I to complain too much. My Nikon D40 is BEAUTIFUL and I look forward to the pictures that will shortly be coming your way!!
So now all the hype is over and we are in recovery mode. The day we came home Makena came down with a nasty cold and that is never fun. I am still trying to find a home for all of our newly received gifts, but that is pretty tricky. I wonder why with all the gifts Santa didn't bring me some extra storage space. That would have solved all my problems. Okay, not all of them but one of my issues at hand. ( I have a few!) Hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and have a safe and sober new years. We will be staying in. Nothing says New Years Eve like going to bed the same time you normally do. Maybe we'll be risky and stay up until midnight. I probably will while my husband doses away on the couch. He just works too hard :)
Just thought this picture was hilarious. Happy New Year from our cute little nose picker. I seriously think she has issues :) But she's so darn cute!!!

3 comments:

John Michael and Nauni said...

Car! You are such an eloquent and entertaining writer, I just LOVE reading your posts! Thanks for keeping us so informed, it helps me feel like I am right there with you! Sure wish I was!! Love you!! -Naun

John Michael and Nauni said...

Ya!! That'd be so fun!! We'd love to have you guys any time! And if only you could sneak away, a girls trip would be fun too! Let's make a little plan! Love you too and miss you so much!! :)

Brian and Amelia said...

Thanks for sharing the photo! I loved it, it made me laugh really hard! What a classic, eh? Gotta love it! I'm glad you had a good Christmas! Can't wait to see what you take with your new camera!