Tyler * Carly * Makena * Jade

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

OH, GOLF!!





For those of you who know my husband you know that golf ranks right up there in his life as a top priority. This includes and is not limited to watching-any and all rounds on t.v. (yes, there are more in a week than just 3 hours on Sunday!!), playing-and we're not talking a round or two here and there this is a monthly if not more thing. That doesn't include driving range visits, his eBay fixes on buying equipment...isn't there always something better than you have?? Every year he attends the Buick Invitational which is a big tournament that Tiger Woods (I'm sure you've heard of him) wins every year, and this year at Torrey Pines Golf Course in La Jolla, CA they held the U.S. Open, a major tournament (for the non-golfers, I'm sure there are many, this is one of the top 4 competitions all year. Tyler obviously went to it, and had a blast. Talked about it for days...Lucky me, for his graduation my parents bought him and my dad a round of golf on that same beautiful course for the 5th of July. It's really expensive to play, really hard to play, and the highlight of Tyler's golfing life!! I am excited for him too, but the difficulty of this course leads to more practice time and long conversations about...GOLF! Help me out here...But for all the whining that I do about the OBSESSION that he has I'm glad I know how dedicated he is to things that he loves and how hard he will work to make sure things are perfect! Maybe golf will just turn out to be the game he loves the most. Maybe someday it will make us some money-hey, a girl's gotta dream. But I love my husband and loving him means living with all that he loves too. Lucky for him Torrey Pines is calling his name, and what that means for me is a day with my mom and a chance to hear lots of stories. Tyler- I hope you break 100! I love you!

No comments: