Tyler * Carly * Makena * Jade

Monday, June 23, 2008

First Summertime Trip

Makena and Logan playing in the pool at my parents house.




Makena really loved palying with my necklace. So much so that soon after this she broke it. I guess that's what I get for sharing everything with my daughter. But she is so cute!! Luckily my mom came to my rescue and fixed it for me.
So this past weekend we went up to my parent's house. I went to a baby shower and Tyler obviously went golfing and then we just hung out. Makena got to play in the pool with her cousin for the first time and she loved it. Up until she stuck her face straight into the water and scared herself and me half to death. It was fun while it lasted. It's so fun to see her growing into an independent kid though, sad sometimes but exciting. Since it was SO hot this past week we bought a pool too, but it isn't set up yet. We're getting so excited for summer and swimming here at home, and going to the beach, and taking walks a few nights a week around our new little community. It is already making for fun memories and quality family time! Hooray for summer!

2 comments:

Heather said...

carly-
I love your blog. I LOVE blogging myself. Your little girl is absolutly ADORABLE!!!

Brian and Amelia said...

Great blog! I'm so glad you are blogging, now! And I think your daughter is one of the most cutest and adorable girls ever!!! Congrats on the graduation and the move, yay! Change is not fun, but always good! Thanks for sharing your blog with us, I'm so excited!