Tyler * Carly * Makena * Jade

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Visitors!



So my brother, Jeff just moved in with us from Idaho to work with Tyler and go to school down here, and when he moved down he brought my sister, Candice, back with him so she could take a couple weeks off from beauty school and visit the family. She came down with my mom and we have been shopping--what else do we do??? Unfortunately Makena has NOT been in the mood to do anything. She's been super crazy no matter where we go. We have been extra busy going out and doing lots of stuff in the last week or so and she won't have anything to do with it! Whiny butt! On Monday we went to the Irvine Spectrum to do some shopping and the only thing that made Makena happy was riding the carousel. But boy she sure liked it. One of the times no one else was on it, so I asked the guy if he could just keep it going and he was so sweet and let her and my mom go again!! Lifesaver until he had to stop it and then...back to crankyville!! Well enough ranting!! I love visits, but we just seem to overwhelm Makena and then I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. The other great thing is that my sister is almost halfway through beauty school so that means for someone like me who can't seem to squeeze in a visit to get my hair done EVER I get hooked up :) I have been needing some coloring done because I'm not going to lie to you---I am a 26 year old with gray hair (wahhh! I know) Not a lot, but enough to drive me crazy! So she cut and highlighted my hair and I even jumped on the bang wagon! I LOVE it! It turned out better than I thought and realized even more that just doing a little something for yourself as a mom is SUPER important! Everyone needs a little ME time and I'm grateful for everyone involved for helping that happen for me this week!
Before


After









2 comments:

Gary & Julie said...

Cute hair... check out our blog...You've been tagged!!!

Natalie said...

Love it! Very cute!